Stay of execution...

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
tlmiller

Re: Stay of execution...

Post by tlmiller »

I knew of him most from his Porsche days developing the 917.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Captain Nice drove a variety of cars including McLaren but was heavily involved with Porsche and Penske.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I love the looks of the new Corvette even though the reactions of fans have been mixed. I like it better than any of the redone muscle cars.
The Chrysler muscle cars will always be a very nostalgic topic for me given my friends and I owned them in high school.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I do love the look of the new Corvette. SAdly, can't drive one, as they're made only with slushboxes, no manual's will be made.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Given how many performance cars have paddle shifting including the race cars you see on tv in various events, not having a floor shifter really doesnt matter to me.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

My problem is lack of a clutch...I can't tolerate driving a car without a clutch. I just feel disconnected from it without it.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Not having a clutch doesnt disconnect me from a car, the road feel, the steering, the overall feel in the seat, satisfies me greatly at speed.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Well, dropped over $2k on the Vette this weekend. :( Everything inside the gas tanks replaced to try to get more than 2.5 years before having to have it dropped AGAIN for the fuel level sending units (3rd time I've had to have it replaced, but the first 2 weren't paid for by me), new mounting bracket for the one reverse lite that broke in CA last year, and new lens covers (thankfully he was able to find lens covers instead of having to do full lens assembly or it would have been over $4k). If the sending units go again while I have the car, I will get rid of it, it's getting ridiculous that these are that fragile.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im at a point that when a car starts costing that kind of cash its got to go.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Believe me, I'm there after this. The major problem for me is what to replace it with? I hate the looks of the C7, the C8 isn't available in manual. I don't REALLY want 2 Mustangs, the 5th gen (2010-2015) Camaro's are garbage, and the 6th gen Camaro's are only ok (although a huge improvement from 5th gen despite looking VERY similar). I prefer to have 2 cars to having rental coverage on my insurance since I'm to the age where it doesn't cost me THAT much to keep 2.