Really pissed off

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Really pissed off

Post by crosscourt »

Q4OS moderator decided to get a bit nasty in tlmillers Gallium OS thread and Im not sure why. Off topic issuewith both of our posts maybe but other than that .
They need to understand though that there are many KDE users on that site now that arent fans of Trinity. They opened the box so now they have to live with it. Time to move on it appears.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Re: Really pissed off

Post by tlmiller »

Are you getting soft in your old age? Such a simple thing as someone being an ass upset you? I know where you live, under normal circumstances when we're allowed out and about, I have to assume you deal with at least 5-10 such people on a daily basis...

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Yep 5-10 is about right but in their case theres been some history that unfortunately really hasnt gone away. Had a tough day at work today and the juvenile antics over at Q4OS got under my skin. Yep old age makes you soft. Its a little different though when you do it in person. Its also different when youre out in the public during a pandemic.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

CC,
I remember when I was using Q4OS, and you and I was talking about the suicide of one of Linuxs developers,and the moderator gave us hell cause I asked a simple question about what happened to him. Soon after that I lost all my info with that OS during an update. So I DUMPED those chumps,and went to MX -17. Never went back. I thought they were ass clowns😄 there.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive decided to dump Q4OS entirely including the site. Going to move on as I want to reinstall MX19 and a few other distros. Just not worth the hassle, thanks Capt. In hindsight probably shouldnt have gone back in the first place.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I'll obviously continue to use the OS, since it uses the desktop that I consider to be the 2nd best available. I rarely post on the site though except when I put it on a new machine. Most of their stuff now seems geared toward KDE, and as we have discussed many times, using the base OS version of a desktop just makes me shrug and consider it to be worthless, since it doesn't truly bring anything to the base distro of note. But obviously that's my opinion and not shared by all.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive already installed MX19.1 and will be installing Kubuntu 20.04 since Q4OS is nothing other than that anyway.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Ergo my thread asking essentially "why??"
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

They replied back to my post and I posted back in reply so curious to see what they do. Its definitely personal and about Trinity comments it appears.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The issue in their final reply appears to be they think Im attacking Trinity which is core to their product which in fact isnt the case. I just dont prefer it and like the KDE feature set a lot better.
Site Moderator