Motorsport Manager (2016 game)

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
tlmiller

Motorsport Manager (2016 game)

Post by tlmiller »

So, been playing this all morning, it was on special for steam, I got it and all the DLC/expansions currently out for like $40. The tutorial rather sucks as it's just bombarding you with information you don't need or care about while never teaching you what you ACTUALLY need...but upon just going and learning via trial by fire, this game is FUN. It's SUPER hard, but I'm enjoying it. Started out in GT with the next to worst team (expected finish 9th/10). At the end of the season I finished 7th, with my superior driver having scored a win (through MY race strategy) and several top 10's. Sadly he also lost a top 10 through my race strategy (he ran out of gas while leading the race w/ 1 lap left) and lost potentially another top 10 due to forgetting to change the setup of the car to race setup at the beginning of the race. But it's SUPER fun, if one enjoys the thought of being team principal of a race team (you can do GT, Prototype, or open wheel), then it's a ton of fun once you learn how to play. And REALLY hard to improve if you start with a low ranking team, but fun when you hit above your level.
crosscourt

Re: Motorsport Manager (2016 game)

Post by crosscourt »

Familiar with the game and glad youre enjoying it. Im still playing Mechwarrior 5 Mercs, Doom 2016, Dungeon Siege, Space Siege, Freelancer and Freespace 2.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

So RIGHT NOW I'm kinda hating it...stayed up until 6AM today playing. Feeling kinda wonky...
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I draw the line at getting sleep and making sure I stand up and move around some. Cant do marathon sessions anymore. In the old days I want 36hours playing Quake 2. Any game can get old if you play too long. Thats why I vary what I play to prevent the mental fatique issues.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I haven't stayed up that long playing a game in LONG while. And after doing it, I have no plans on doing it again for a long time. This whole day was just a fog, which it was already doomed to be slightly due to the quarantining, but going to bed when the sun was coming up certainly made it a lot worse.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My work schedule has completely changed the way my body reacts so I cant stay up real late any more and do most of my gaming during the middle of the day.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Normally I only play for a few hours on the weekends, or maybe 1-2 hours on a weekday evening. This had been PLANNED to be a couple hours that night, but after my 4th new career (the tutorial was irritating, so I learned trial by fire, and indeed got fired my first 3 games at teh end of the season every time) actually OVERACHIEVING (I had said plan on 9th, finished 7th including winning a wet race due to my EXCELLENT pit strategy, also LOSING a probably podium finish due to my totally missing that he was low on fuel and not bringing him into the pits to refuel in time, whooops), I wanted to see what I could achieve in another season, and next I know it was 4AM and I was like, well, 2 races to go in this season, might as well finish!!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

We gamers all have that issue as we just say to ourselves, its just two more races, or two more levels. I did that initially with Mech 5 Mercs as my first session was over 12 hours. Some games because of how they save you end up having to wait just to get a permanent save, Tomb Raider was one of those games that really tortured me with very hard game play and only save points, but you had to finish the level.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

This you can save at any time...I just totally didn't realize how fast time was passing. Sign of a good game!!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Oh yeah! Great games suck up time really easily. Ive been playing both Quake Online and Mechwarrior Online and gees these games are fun.
Site Moderator