Just call me Britney, cause ooops, I did it again...

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: Just call me Britney, cause ooops, I did it again...

Post by crosscourt »

It all fits in my closet in my side bedroom which I use as my office/tech work area. Most of the stuff is SFF/USFF/laptops so it doesnt take up a lot of space. Most of it is used for parts as well.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, I don't have any room for that. Being in a 2-bed apartment I have VERY little storage room. And self-storage locations simply are too expensive nowadays to consider (STARTING at $40/month for a little 5x5 room???)
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I live in a 2 bedroom and den condo with a bout 1067 sq/ft so I dont have much room either. I work hard to keep it as compact as possible.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I dont spend money on anything else like cars or other hobbies so this is what I play with for myself to stay sane.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

My Mustang takes a moderate amount of my cash. Gas alone isn't cheap for it, and then have to do the tasteful upgrades, but those aren't common. But since they sit outside, that's not a problem. I used to do paintball, but literally every single person I played with regularly stopped playing, so I finally gave up and sold off most of my equipment. I kept 1 setup FOR NOW in case I decide to go out and play, but given my lack of physical conditioning, and my general lack of desire to pay the $$$ to play for a day anymore (it's about $100 for a day of play, which is pretty much equal to the price for a track day with the Mustang), I don't foresee myself playing again. Computers do take a large portion of my play $$$, but unlike it the past where I was constantly looking for every little MHz of performance, now I just like to play around with different hardware.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Same here as I like to just play with the hardware. I enjoy older hardware though as its interesting to work with something I didnt get a chance to use back when and see if it can perform in todays world. Some hardware Im a bit nostalgic so when I see something Id like to have I go for it. I did a major cleanout in the last year so most of my tech is 2012 or newer which is far better than I use to be. I also have some older game consoles I play with so lots of tech to enjoy.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

So just checked shipping, and I might get some of this early. 1 of the packages is here in the valley already. Another has shipped and was setting in TN last night. And the 3rd, well...they've generated a shipping lable...so that looks to arrive when it says (around Friday).
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Depends on the item and source but some of my stuff has gotten here a bit late, others early.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Most stuff in the last month has been late (for obvious reasons), but there's been a couple things that bucked the trend and arrived early. Surprisingly the USPS has been the most likely to buck the trend. UPS...well, I don't quite know how they manage to stay in business if my experience with them over the last 10+ years is at ALL indicative of how their "customer service" is. FedEx generally has been the obvious leader in on-time, but they've slipped badly at work (they haven't made multiple deliveries in the last month even when they emailed that it was on a truck to be delivered that day).
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

The HP EX920 SSD arrived today. Very nice packaging. I can't wait to get it into the laptop (which hasn't arrived, but good chance of tomorrow if not Thursday).