My new gaming pc will have Ryzen

Discussion of hardware related issues
crosscourt

Re: My new gaming pc will have Ryzen

Post by crosscourt »

Yes you are correct that Freesync improves response time.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Just got through playing Freespace 2 with the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick and it worked without any additional software. Win10 spotted it and off I went. I also played a couple of hours of Dungeon Siege, both games I got from Steam and thoroughly enjoyed it. This system has worked extremely well and between the much improved sound and graphics its like playing a different game.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Space Siege is working as well and looks much better than it did on my other system. So far most of the no cd cracks are working.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

New MageGee kb/mouse came in and its pretty nice. Will have to get use to the mouse as the buttons are pretty close together and very sensitive.
My hands arent quite what they use to be but hopefully in time Ill adapt.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its been a great experience so far and enjoying being back in the gaming realm again. The older games look much improved visually with the new video card and the new games look amazing. New monitor has had no issues at all performance wise and the Ryzen 5 1400 has been excellent with no crazy fan noise to deal with.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Just did 10 hours of Mechwarrior 5 today and the new mouse and keyboard were great. The game is good but not great but fans of the series will be satisfied.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Eh, 10 hours, can't be TOO bad!!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive also got Freelancer, Freespace 2, Dungeon Siege, Star Siege, and Doom 2016, plus Ive been playing some Quake online and Mechwarrior Online.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I played some of the Doom 2016. Complete underwhelming game IMO. Played Freelancer a bit, but was just too big and took too long so I couldn't get into it. The others I've heard of but never played any.
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

I have been playing Fortnite a bit lately (although I am really terrible at it) and it seems quite a good game but not being a long term gamer I can't say how it would compare to other games. I have been looking into installing another OS specifically for gaming and will likely end up using an Ubuntu distro to do that as they seem to be taking the lead on gaming in Linux. Not sure exactly which distro yet but I'm in no hurry as it is mainly going to be for others to play (kids/grandkids) but I'm sure I will be "having a go" when the mood takes me. :D