A New Job

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: A New Job

Post by CaptNoize »

Keep in mind,back in the 80's when I was a sound engineer, I traveled with the band's I was working for,but I was driving a 26 foot Mack box truck,(with air brakes) so I've been in every Major city, in this country. It was a lot of fun,for a 26 year old punk,but it was grueling,and a lot of hours spent in that drivers seat. This was before CDL's....😡😠😤😵😩 So, I've had enough driving long trips to suit me the rest of my life...😧
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I don't think at any point in my life I would have been able to enjoy a job like that. I have never enjoyed driving (off track) in my life.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Driving sucked; but working with the band's I grew up idolize -ing made it all worth while.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Same when I was playing in tennis tournaments. A lot of traveling, tough a lot of the time but hanging out around well known players, priceless.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Wash DC traffic is some of the worst in the country so not commuting is a real plus.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

A function of the design of the city. I HATED driving in that city. I'll take NY or LA anyday over DC.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its not just Wash DC as the entire surrounding area is just as bad. Beltway,95,495,295,Route 1,66 anf Route 50.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I can see neither of you have ever been in this nightmare called Pittsburgh. It's layout of roads are designed around 3 rivers converging. There's no common sense to driving here. You have to know WHERE you are going. And even then,,, you'll get lost,since these boneheads here tend to close a road without posting a previous warning.😠 I've driven the beltway around Wash.Dc.,lived in Van Nuys, and driven New York at rush hour. Pittsburgh blows just as much as these others... Trust me.....😠😠😠😬😵😵😵
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I've driven in Pittsburgh, but not a lot. I'd much prefer it to DC. DC's issue is that knowing your cross-streets isn't enough to tell you where you are. YOu ALSO have to know which quadrant you're in. And with the roads being concentric circles, it's just not efficient. But that was, of course, one of the purposes of it being designed that way, in case of a land invasion...
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'm glad I don't have to deal with it anymore...I got grass on my shoes walking thru the field this morning to work...it took me 10 minutes..exactly 480 steps, or 1920 feet...is that sick,... or what...!?😁😜