A New Job

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: A New Job

Post by CaptNoize »

You need to turn into " Negan" from The Walking Dead. When I get pissed I tell people to call me " Negan"....😠😵😬
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

There you go Dai...!😈
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

I loved the first few series of Walking Dead, got the box set and had a marathon apocalypse session! :D
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I got to admit...it's been my favorite show ever since it's debut,but Season 7 was so bloody and depressing, I even was not going to continue to watch it. Last season(9) has me debating if I'm going to buy it this Season.....😕 BTW...If you get a chance to watch the webisodes, it's well worth it...esp. Negan's back story....😮😳😦😧
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

I might just do that, my son got me into it and he did mention negans back story available somewhere but I forgot about it, until now. :)
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

dai_trying wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:04 am I might just do that, my son got me into it and he did mention negans back story available somewhere but I forgot about it, until now. :)
In a completely unrelated note, sometimes I forget you're located across the pond and stare at your posts time of posting wondering "WTH does this man do for a living that he's posting at THAT time of day????"
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

I'm 8 hours ahead of you, so I usually get most of your posts in the mornings from your evening conversations.
sebastian35554

Post by sebastian35554 »

CaptNoize wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:40 pm I got a new job.. :D :roll: I spent 7 months looking. I had 38 applications out, 7 interviews,and a half dozen inquiries. Trying to find a job,...is a job in itself..😡 In this area,employers don't want to pay a decent,living wage. They want you to work for $7-11 an hour,and most shifts are 12 hours. I'm 59,and can out work 98% of the " Millenials " out there. Employers don't care. Even tho they're not to discriminate against age,you know they do. I lucked out and got a job at a Ford Dealership I started my work career at 40+ years ago,this time tho... as Parts Manager. 40+ hours a week, $15 an hour, some healthcare included. The real plus is I can walk to work..! It's about 1800 feet from my front door...! I can still run my electronics repair business,and work there..😁 The Moral to this story is don't get old,and loose your job,or work,... if you do,you're in for a lot of frustration...😠😤😕😬
I am also looking for a coworking space because I am planning to start another business and found https://intersect.au/ online which offers a lot of nice spaces to start working.
Congratulations on your new job! It sounds like you worked really hard to find the right opportunity, and it's great to hear that you were able to land a position at a place where you have a personal connection. It can be tough out there in the job market, especially when employers are not willing to pay a fair wage, but it's inspiring to see that you persevered and found a job that suits you. It's also fantastic that you can still run your electronics repair business while working at the dealership. Best of luck to you in your new position, and I hope you enjoy the benefits of being able to walk to work!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Welcome to the site Sebastian35554!

Appreciate your post but that original post was from 2019 and hes no longer working there due to the many issues. Be sure to glance through the entire thread to gain the full history.
Site Moderator