A New Job

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: A New Job

Post by CaptNoize »

So, Sebastian
I worked there for a little over 2 years. Never missed a day, worked 60+ hours a week. Worked the entire time Covid was the rage. At the end of the 2 years, a company offered me $9.00 an hour more, plus paid full health care. I turned it down, since the comute was an hour away. I asked my boss, who is my cousin, if he could help me with my healthcare. He told me he wasn't helping me, and if I could do better, by all means, look for something else. I did. 2 applications I submitted, I got hired at a company 5 miles from my home,with a $4 an hour raise and full health care. When they found out I was submitting applications, they fired me. I got them 8 new vendors for parts and more than doubled their business in the first year. No good deed ever goes unpunished. And yes.... I'm still pissed off about it :x :x :evil:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Glad you got outta there, the same thing my wife says to me since Ive retired.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

The Best thing I ever did, was to get " fired" from the Ford dealership, and tell the last place to shove their job up their A**. The last place, owners " princess " daughter would tell the employees like me, if we asked a question, to "Go F**k Yourself, she's not here to babysit you". Could you EVER imagine saying that to your boss, or even a co-worker..??She told me that 3 times, during the 9 months I was there. I walked out,after the 3rd time, and filed a complaint with labor relations in my state. I also turned them into OSHA for all the safety violations I witnessed while I was there. After stressing myself out for 3 years,I had enough.... At that point I decided to retire. :x :x :x :x :evil:
This just goes to show you how disrespectful and narcissistic the business owners/ employers are in my area. :roll:
I trained martial arts for many years, I have a high degree of respect. The people I competed against, had respect also. I will tell you this. If the bosses prima donna daughter would have said that to my sensei, he'd would have Killed her where she stood. :twisted:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

That kind of behaviour with particularly small local companies is all too common.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

This is why the working world is in trouble. There is no honor, respect, or kindness, anymore. I keep hearing it's just a test, and I'm being tested for something better. I guess I failed that one....
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Honestly its been bad for a long time. My dad went thru some really silly situations and we ended up moving a lot hoping something better would work out.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I thought I got lucky,when my Dad got me a job,(at 17) working at a heavy construction company he worked at. This was a UNION job, my Dad was a Teamster, I was a Laborer, and there were Operating Engineers, 3 unions in all. The company existed from 1901, till 1986.(I was 26 then) It was one of a hundred union construction companies, that closed directly due to Ronnie Raygun, and his trickle down economics lies. I would have been retired 15 years ago, if it wouldn't have been for that prick. Thanks to him,and his Corporate thieves, I had to reinvent myself 7 times,to keep a job.( I never took welfare,or any hand outs)
One thing I learned from all of it was, say what you will, about Unions. They did get us the "standard of living" for the working class. When that all went away,the working class of this country got gang raped, six ways from center.( I 've gotten in fist fights over this). Don't EVER think that an employer is going to look out for YOUR best interests. They're NOT..!! And, I 've worked Union and non Union jobs. I'm so fed up with employers in this country, I'm glad I'm retiring.... And... Everyone wonders " why" there's mass shootings in the work place..????? Really..??!😤😤 :x :x