The weather has been crazy

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: The weather has been crazy

Post by crosscourt »

Looks like things could get interesting with a possible hurricane/tropical storm coming up the coast.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Looks like the storm wont hit us and wont be an issue for my family that lives in Jacksonville.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Temps were in the 50s this morning with a nice breeze, very fall like.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Gees its been hot but thankfully not humid. Its been in the 95F or hotter range all week with no relief till Friday. Right now as Im typing this its 97F with no breeze and few clouds.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Now its really humid, rain on and off and very little breeze. Should cool off by the end of the week but what strange September weather.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

Well the furnace kicked on for the first time this morning. It was 41F (5C) out this morning. It is definitely feeling like autumn. It garden is pretty well over for the summer and it is time to clean up with waste, and trim the trees, many of which has started dropping their leaves. Just a week or two to first frost and we can begin bringing all the house plants back into the house. My wife has a green thumb and the we have lots and lots and lot of plants that need to winter in the house.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Part of our area may see som mid 60s this week but in my area, it will be high 50s to low 60s for now. We dont see 40s till at least after Halloween if that.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

I moved to DC in the mid 60s and after a couple years I moved out to Front Royal and build a home up in the Blue Ridge. I remember Virginia fondly for the pleasant warm year round weather. I never owned anything beyond what was considered a fall jacket up north. I would have stayed in Virginia, but I met and married a woman from Minnesota who would give me no peace so we moved to Minnesota. I still have good memories of Virginia and think of it as probably the nicest place I have lived.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im from New York City originally and have lived in seven different states with Virginia the last. Im still living in the same area I originally settled in near Woodbridge. Best place Iver ever lived and Ive been here now since 1968 and in our present home since 1975. Married my wife here and except for a short stint in Baltimore ,we've lived here the whole time. Her family is in the area so thats why we stayed, even though we could have gotten mucher cheaper housing elsewhere. It gets really cold here at times but overall Winter is moderate and short.
Loved Front Royal as we have friends there and have spent a lot of time in Skyline Drive, including our honeymoon.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Weather has been beautiful with highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s, blue skies to partly cloudy, light winds and no humidity.
Site Moderator