The weather has been crazy

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
bin

Re: The weather has been crazy

Post by bin »

Rain - Rain- Rain - Rain- Rain - Rain- Rain - Rain- Rain - Rain- Rain - Rain- Rain - Rain- Rain - Rain!!!!!!!!!!! and then it rains again......

Right now I would really like to have more than one occasional dry day. How about a whole week of no rain - that would be loverly!
wove

Post by wove »

I would not like that at all. If we go two days without sun, I turn into one crabby, cranky old man. Well maybe that should be crabbier and crankier old man. This morning we have ground fog. Standing outside looking up I can see the stars, yet I cannot see the house across the street. That should burn off by mid morning and I will go out and enjoy the sun for you :)
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Sunny 🌞 here, clear skies, but cold. 21 degrees after being in the 50's last week :roll:
bin

Post by bin »

wove wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:16 pm I would not like that at all. If we go two days without sun, I turn into one crabby, cranky old man. Well maybe that should be crabbier and crankier old man. This morning we have ground fog. Standing outside looking up I can see the stars, yet I cannot see the house across the street. That should burn off by mid morning and I will go out and enjoy the sun for you :)
Thanks - I enjoyed that! Nice bit of early morning mist with sun above it...Actually Sunday did work out dry all day, wonders will never cease.

But it's OK we've got rain for the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday just to make up for it.

Flooded roads, flooded fields draining out on to flooded roads, blocked gulleys, potholes you can lose a giraffe in being smashed open by 48 tonne juggernauts that should not be using narrow country lanes............there are even swans paddling around in the lake on a field just up the road!!

You know, this is the first winter I have ever actually thought "I hate winter". Normally I like it - mainly cos I don't enjoy anything much above 25C but this is just getting me down. I guess I'm finally a crabby old man. Still that gives me an excuse to shout at the wood pigeons that are currently procreating using any available surface and crapping all over the place in the process.............grrrr aaaargh :D :D :D :D :D
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I also like Winter and prefer cooler temps but not into a lot of snow/ice and crazy drivers. So far this year its been mild with few issues.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Really nice today, in the 60s with some clouds and a bit of wind. Same tomorrow, which is nice as Ive got cataract surgery.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

We were close to 80 for a time and now its big wind and barely in the 60s. Next week it appears will be in the 80s for most of the week. Its been a very strange spring.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

So far, the month of April's grand total of rain is 8 inches.!! :evil: That's an all time high..! I'm sick of it. And more rain is on way, this week..!! Flooding everywhere..!! Ugh..! :x :roll:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Beautiful today, blue sky, light breeze, 72F and Im painting the bathroom light fixture.
Site Moderator
bin

Post by bin »

We are just entering the first spell of dry weather (more than 2 days without rain) since October last year. It does seem very strange, the lawn is not waterlogged, the lakes that have formed in fields starting to dry up, soon they'll stop overflowing onto the roads - so they'll be dry. Potholes will be visible rather than just a calculated risk of driving through a puddle..... weird!!