The weather has been crazy

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: The weather has been crazy

Post by crosscourt »

Around 94 here today but the feels like temp will be close to 100.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

No flooding but a far amoiunt of wind and a lot of light to medium rain for the next 4 days. Temps are around 50 so with the wind it feels a bit chilly.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

The weather is going to really turn fowl here, this coming Xmas weekend. I'm glad I'm going to do like CC, and just stay in,and watch it snow. Wind chill here is expected to be 12 to 15 below zero here, Saturday. Not much accumulation is expected. Xmas day won't be any better. This is what I hate about Winter. :x
wove

Post by wove »

The weather does seem fowl early this year. I expect this weather in January rather than pre-Christmas. We are below zero here. A light snow is falling, almost like something is sprinkling talcum powder from the heavens. When it is this cold though it does not snow all that much. The weather service is calling for 2-4 inches is all. Tomorrow it is not expected to be above 0 and I am heading out on a last minute organ tuning trip up to St. Paul. St. Paul is a very nice working class town and it is my favorite city. Like most place though, I like it even more when it is warm outside.

Up here where wind chills are 20-30 below zero for a couple months running, we just say, "Well don't go outside naked and wet."
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

It will mostly be a rain event here with a short period of snow. We will be in the high 50s just before the event so the temps will mitigate the effects.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I was out on the road doing sound back in the 80's with Twisted Sister, Great White and TNT, and one of the Coldest places we played was Duluth, Minnesota. I think it was 23 degrees below 0 ....brutal.St. Paul and Minneapolis Rocked..!!! :twisted: :lol:
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

3 days of below zero temps and howling bitter cold winds are getting on my last nerve. Roads are blown shut, ice covered messes, since the road crews can't really do much since the de icer won't work at these cold temps. White outs are a staple here. If we can survive here till Wednesday, temps will be going to 54 degrees by next weekend..! :roll:
wove

Post by wove »

Definitely the same storm. It is bitterly cold here, but the winds have stopped and the sun is shining brightly. The wind blew and packed the snow into drifts perfect for cutting igloo building blocks. Monday (tomorrow) is suppose to be back to near normal and Tuesday-Wednesday should actually be pretty nice day; sunny with temps getting up close to freezing.

But I am with you, the last couple days have taken me to my last nerve. Have a good Christmas.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

So, Xmas day was still 3 below zero, and I got invited to my friends place for Xmas dinner. However, I had to open the end of my driveway,since these road crew assclowns plowed the snow into the end of my driveway. It was 8-12 inches deep of ice and snow, 40 feet long,and 10 feet wide. So, I was able to use my small snow blower to remove the mess. :x I dressed in layers, but I'm now wrestling with a cold :x :x :x Can't win. :roll:
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

it's RAINING!!! And it's supposed to rain all day!!! It's WONDERFUL!! It's also upper 60's, so not very cold at all. This is, honestly, about as cold as it gets during the day here except for a few days a year.