The weather has been crazy

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
wove

Re: The weather has been crazy

Post by wove »

That sounds a lot like the topography of our area. We are near the end of the glacial advance from the ice age, which dumped a several foot deep layer of gravel and rock. As the glaciers melted a giant lake formed and the silted up bottom became rich farm land, but there is the gravel a few feet below. When it rains for a few day, the entire area looks like a sodden bog with little ponds and puddles everywhere. However within a a day or two it has all drained out into the gravel below. The slimy mud gives way to a nice firm surface, which is very pleasant to walk over.

April is our rainy season and it will rain about half the days. By the end of the month and into May the world will just burst into life and it will be so much nicer to be outside.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

This is also our rainy season as it tends to get drier as we move thru summer and fall can be very dry.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Bad wind storm here Wednesday night. Power was off in many places for 24 hours. Roads were closed, and some, are still closed. Clean up is ongoing. We don't need anymore of that nonsense here :evil: :roll: :x
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I didnt get any storms like the ones you did where you are. The rain has been light and scattered.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The fair weather and breezes are killing my allergies. I get flu like symptoms along with some GI issues when pollen is this bad. Never seen pollen counts this bad and rain helps but has its own issues creating mold. You just cant win.
Site Moderator