The weather has been crazy

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
wove

Re: The weather has been crazy

Post by wove »

We are running colder out, but it sounds a lot the same. The crisp blue sky and bright sun glimmering off the fresh white snow is rather pretty. The wind was harsh overnight, but it became calm with sunrise. I went out for a walk again this morning and I do always love the sound of my boots crunching through the hard wind packed snow.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its 25F, decent breeze but sunny and blue skies. Warmup begins around Tuesday and it could actually get up into the low 60s.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

The 8BitGuy posted a new video about using his solar setup during the last Texas cold snap. It is most interesting to me for is really shows the different view of weather in different regions. In Texas 15F outside is "bitter" and 63F inside is sub-optimal. Of course for the northern part of the US those temperatures are seen as pretty decent. Our second Arctic Blast was really not much. It just barely got below 0F. We are getting a warm up this week, and that is normal and referred to as the January Thaw around here. Freezing today with it getting to low forties by midweek.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

20s with no breeze is fine with me, teens thats where I draw the line. With a stiff breeze 20s are tough but 63F inside is fine. I tend to stay around 65F at home, 67F at times.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Cant make its mind up. Its going to get quite cold tonite but by the weekend we'll be pushing 65F. Long term into February looks to stay cold.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

We have been running 30ºF above normal. A couple days back I was sitting on the porch on a sunny afternoon wearing a flannel shirt, reading a book with a cup of coffee. It has been raining all day today. Just nonsense weather for February in Minnesota. Everyday we are breaking one record or another. Generally with no snow there are concerns about the spring planting season. But as of now there is no frost in the ground so today's rain is soaking right on in.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Going to get 2-4 inches of snow tonite but it probably wont last given the temps arent going to be that low and will warm up over the weekend.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Same here. I'm watching it snow as I'm writing this. Going to be in the 30's the next couple of days,but, the ground is warm,so, I don't think it's going to stick. :roll:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its too warm here but they still think it will accumulate some. We wont see the snow till much later tonite.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

We got a dusting and that went away very quickly, but we did get some rain.
Site Moderator