The weather has been crazy

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: The weather has been crazy

Post by crosscourt »

Weve been in the 40s-50 so far with light breezes and clear skies. It will be 60f over the weekend and mild into next week. Typically early January is mild and the wild stuff shows up after January 15th. Past years though have gotten a lot warmer and we havent seen much snow just a bit of ice and rain.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Sunny, in the 50s today and heading towards 60s over the weekend.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Rain all day but its 65f so not complaining given the last day of this year.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I didn't realize this but there was a 90 degree difference in temp from the Friday before last, compared to last Friday here..!! It was -30 here Dec. 23, and on Dec. 30, it was 64 degrees..! 😵😵😳😳 Weird...
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Only a 54 degree swing in our case.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

That is wicked cold. I do not think I have ever seen it hit -30 in either Minnesota or North Dakota. I will typically hit -25 as some point during the winter and often stay near there for a week. When I worked outside, I liked those temperatures, because anytime it was below a -15 we did not have to work. We are not having a heat wave here, but the temps have been near freezing during the day and just below freezing at night, which is ok.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Never got below 11F here during the cold wave. Thats really unusual here, particularly this early.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Never got below 40 here during the "cold" wave.
wove

Post by wove »

The weather forecasters did not do a very good job. The prediction was a few periods of snow over a couple days and the reality is more like a foot or more. It is not to cold, just a few degrees below freezing. This is as much snow as I have seen in a few years. The blvd. has about 3 feet piled up from clearing the walks as does the sides of the driveway. I shoveled this morning and will need to shovel again before long.

As the Capitan noted now sooner does the end of the driveway get opened than the big plows roar by and fill it all back in again. Over the last couple days the driveway apron has been cleared of snow a half dozen times only to be filled again. The snow is wet and heavy, so if it is not clears it will freeze into a lump of ice will remain and be impassible until April.

It is a pretty time of the year though. Everything is covered in white snow and looks so clean and pristine, which is a good look for New Year. I hope everyone is excited about the prospects for the coming year.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Average to above average temps thru Jan 25 then it appears Winter is going to set in.
Site Moderator