Distros for much older hardware

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Re: Distros for much older hardware

Post by crosscourt »

Didnt mean you tlmiller but when I go on other forums I get the Ubuntu hate a lot and many are Debian users(Debian forums come to mind). Ive used so many distros that Ive seen problems from all directions so its difficult to say one is better than the other. People form opinions based on their experience and hardware so i respect that.
Mepis for instance had many issues with hardware that i didnt have with Ubuntu at the time. Now Im using MX Linux and its one of the best hardware distros ive used even compared to Ubuntu so go figure.

I dont really dislike any distro but I may say I dont like it because it doesnt meet my needs.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I will say there's no distro I truly dislike per-se, yes. There's some that I'd take a hot iron to my own flesh before I'd ever use (slackware), or deal with their forums (Arch), but I don't dislike those distro's. In fact I love Arch, despite their community. Slackware, it's the opposite of everything I want in a distro. I have the utmost respect for it, and think it does a FANTASTIC job at doing what it aims for. I just don't want to touch it, myself.
Rademes

Post by Rademes »

antiX is good distro, but it takes a LONG time to set it up. Almost all settings should be made by modifying configuration text files. Only for experienced users. Also, recently, they have moved to another forum, so it became more complicated to get help.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I actually much prefer the new forums, seems much more "uncluttered" to me. Not sure why, but I was really happy when they moved.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I like the new forums as well and thats why I prefer MX Linux over Anti.

Know where youre coming from tlmiller as Im no fan of Slackware but they are a hard working bunch.
Site Moderator