Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Zorin OS 15 Lite released

Post by crosscourt »

Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Zorin OS 15 Lite released

Post by crosscourt »

Very nice distro with some excellent features, lots of options for appearance and theme, a great choice for former Win7 users. Much less ram usage versus Zorin 15. Hardware detected fine but there seems to be a bug with the screenlocker. Im not that wild about the menu myself even though its not a major issue. Supports Flatpak out of the box and uses XFCE 4.14 and the 5.0 kernel. I enjoyed using it and it offers a nice experience.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

It appears Zorin was using an identifier to see how many unique users there are with Zorin. Unfortunately they werent as up front about it as Ubuntu and people were up in arms about it. Now theyve been trying to explain themselves.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

You'd think after the fiascos with CAnonical and MS about tracking that NOONE would be stupid enough to do this nowadays without being VERY transparent and open that they're doing it, and how to avoid it. Such as Debian with their popularity-contest package, the installer ASKS if you want to participate, that's the PROPER way of actually doing it.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

They should have done that but evidently the info on how to remove the user program for Zorin was available.

I dont have any big issues with this but some are much more hyper about it.
Site Moderator