RetroArch

Discussion of software apps
tlmiller

RetroArch

Post by tlmiller »

So I've just recently switched to this for my classic consoles. Mostly works good. I've got NES and Genesis emulation working great, still having problems getting Master System and the Atari ST to work. Been using it via flatpak as it installs in a much more usable default config than, well, every repo. The Ubuntu/Debian repo versions are quite a bit older, and the Arch repo version is the same version, but something they did with the config on the flatpak shows the cores as <system it's for> - <core name> which makes it REALLY easy to find what you want, whereas on Arch I can't find how to do that, and you just get <core name>, so no idea which ones I need for a few emulators. Want to try to find some old Atari 5200 & 7800 roms and test them on here too. Also need to figure out why I can't get anything master system to play (I know why Atari ST won't play, just haven't figured out where to put the freaking tos.img for the flatpak version).

This is one of the BEST downloads if you want to show the size of flatpaks, it's over 1/2 Gig for the flatpak install!!

1 odd thing I've found is that my Inspiron will not play it. Start up RetroArch on it (same flatpak install as the rest, same Arch install as the 7490), and it freezes EVERYTHING. I'm thinking it's gotta be tied to the Vega graphics, but the odd part of that is that the Lenovo that has the same graphics works fine. Oh well, something for me to play around with and see if I can figure out.
crosscourt

Re: RetroArch

Post by crosscourt »

I havent tried going this route yet as I still own classic consoles(not all) and enjoy using them directly.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I enjoyed being able to play sonic for the first time in a while. :D
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive got Sonic on a few consoles but Genesis was the best.
Site Moderator