The Outer Limits

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

The Outer Limits

Post by CaptNoize »

I thought I'd start a new post,since we're talking about one of TV's greatest sci-fi series. As far as the newer version goes,one of the most memorable episodes,was "Tribunal",it was the 100th episode,starring Saul Rubinek....excellent..! So,does anyone know what old episode from the O.L. had the most actors who guest starred on Star Trek in it...?? 8-)
CaptNoize

Re: The Outer Limits

Post by CaptNoize »

I guess I stumped all of you....? :)
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I can't even name a single episode from the O.L. Old OR new...so definitely stumped me by default. :D
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

That's OK...you know waaaay more about computers than I do.... :lol: The name of the episode is " Production and Decay of Strange Particles". It's actually quite a frightening story of a nuclear reactor that goes out of control,and a lethal life form bleeds into the radiation suits. There were a total of seven actors,including Leonard Nimoy,in this episode. The most for a single O.L. episode. :shock:
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I know of the episode (I'm going to assume Nimoy only did that one episode), although not a chance I ever would have guessed the name. One of my favorite because Nimoy was on it. I watched anything he was in. Heck, I watched just about anything any of them (except Bill) was in. Reason I originally watched Babylon 5? You guessed it, Bester!!
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Nimoy was in another O.L. episode,in 1964, called I,Robot. He reprised the role in the 95 version,titled the same,with his son Adam. Well worth checking out.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Nimoy was a reporter in the first episode but became Cutler the lawyer in the second remake.

Ive seen the Strange Particles eoisode a huge number of times and honestly it didnt click with the guest stars/Star Trek at all. Many well known stars were on the original Outer Limits series.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

CaptNoize wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:46 pm Nimoy was in another O.L. episode,in 1964, called I,Robot. He reprised the role in the 95 version,titled the same,with his son Adam. Well worth checking out.
Well, I know I've seen an episode he was in. Can't remember which, but I've definitely seen one of them.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I actually liked the robot from the original series more than the remake. CC you are correct about Nimoy's role in the remake. The "Particles" episode rattled my brain the first time I saw it. When I watched it a second time,that's when I noticed all the future Star Trek actors....I'm also counting Vic Perrin,in that lineup,even tho,he's not really seen in the episode.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Strange particles had a unusual feel to it with these energy beings, so its atmosphere really caught my attention.
Site Moderator