MX-17 YOUTUBE DOWNLOADER

Discussion of software apps
dai_trying

Re: MX-17 YOUTUBE DOWNLOADER

Post by dai_trying »

You're welcome as always Capt' which option did you go for in the end?

I find my solution easiest for cross distro use as I use my data partition to store the .moonchild productions directory and create a symlink in my home folder of all distros and all my OS's use the same settings/bookmarks/add-ons etc, one install for all distro's :D
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Dai,
I started by downloading Pale moon browser. Then the replies started to come in...then,the phone started to ring. And ring. And ring. I run a home based business, so,work comes first. Probably use the command line,but not real sure what the command is for just audio. Have any examples on how to type in the code..? Sorry for being so "dense"..
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

I don't use cli for YT videos as I am usually watching them in PaleMoon, maybe CC could help with that. I have noticed that I can choose from the different formats on the download link using the addon but it didn't state Mp3, so that addon doesn't have audio only facility. I am sure other addons do have that as I used to use one with FF that offered Mp3 but used an external site for it.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I use GUI apps only for Youtube but I rarely download anything.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'd rather use GUI interface myself. I just started to explore Palemoon when I had to answer the phone....I will let you know what I end up using.
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

I just installed Complete YouTube Saver 5.7.36.1 and although it appears a little sketchy it can download a lot of different formats including Mp3, it looks like it would work with most video sites so could be worth looking at.
This is the list of formats available for the latest Q4OS review
I just tried and successfully downloaded the mp3 of it without issue, you will need to go into the options to tell it where to find ffmpeg (required) but after a restart everything should be working and all from the browser window.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

So,after many tries at the recommended "junk",..I finally found the downloader I had a year ago....YD YouTube Video and Audio DownLoader. It works perfect,and you can select what type of files you want to download. I tried Clipgrab...it works GREAT too..but I just want Audio,and you have the whole video with ClipGrab. I literally tried 9 different addons from FF,till I found the right one...UGH...!!!!! :evil:
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

Persistence pays off :) glad you finally got it sorted and now I can clean up my addons too :lol:
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

dai_trying wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:52 am Persistence pays off :) glad you finally got it sorted and now I can clean up my addons too :lol:
I didn't at first notice it was you that posted, thought it was one of the folks from the colonies, and was like "do you not sleep???" :D
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Thanks again for everyone's input. I really appreciate it..!