If GTLM continues as it is right now, we'll see a very rare happening this year

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
tlmiller

If GTLM continues as it is right now, we'll see a very rare happening this year

Post by tlmiller »

The #3 Corvette is currently the points leader with only a couple races left in the season for IMSA GTLM class.

Why is this important? Not like Corvette's never won the championship before....however, what makes this, not unique, but VERY rare, is that the #3 Corvette HAS YET TO WIN A RACE (the sister car which is several places behind actually has won)!! They've had tons of podiums, but haven't won a single race. Their 2nd place this weekend now moves them ahead of the #67 Ford GT for the lead though (as the #67 failed to finish). It's only a 4 point lead, which is VERY easily overcome, but still. If it ends up going to the #3 team, it will be a very rare heppenstance that the championship winning team may not have even a single win (overall or class) for the entire season.
crosscourt

Re: If GTLM continues as it is right now, we'll see a very rare happening this year

Post by crosscourt »

Didnt get to see this weekends race as the coverage is pretty much hit and miss. Would love to see more of to series.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Re: If GTLM continues as it is right now, we'll see a very rare happening this year

Post by tlmiller »

It recorded here, although to be honest wasn't the most exciting race. I...reviewed...it. Can't say I watched it with any real interest. Other than a few yellows throwing things into confusion, there really wasn't much action on track. But I found it interesting with the #3 team suddenly leading the championship despite never winning (at least not yet).

Overall, I do really like IMSA racing this year. One of the most exciting racing formats this year overall. DTM & Indy (on most of the road courses) as well. Supercars has been dull, Indy Lights had a few exciting races but mostly been boring probably much of that has to do with only 7 full time entries this year, F1 has for the most part been boring. Trans Am hasn't been that good the few races they actually televised. WEC hasn't been that fantastic either, but then, it's never been that interesting to watch since the races are so long. The one that's been surprising me is the Pirelli World Challenge. It's been amazing almost every round.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im hoping F1 will solve some issues but agree, IMSA and Indy have been more exciting. I love the history and backdrops of F1 though.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

With another good finish but not a win, and the #67 GT finishing several places below the, the #3 Corvette still doesn't have a win, and now has a 9 point lead in the championship...
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Thats amazing but if you cant win consistently finish high.
Site Moderator