Babylon 5 and Space 1999 coming to Comet

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: Babylon 5 and Space 1999 coming to Comet

Post by CaptNoize »

I saw the first showings of Space:1999 last night on Comet....I missed the 1st episode "Break Away" on Sat....but,no big deal,I have the entire series on DVD...one of my favorite episodes is "Dragons Domain"...actually a scary episode for a space epic.. :o
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

They dont waste much time getting to the aliens and strange planets after blasting away from Earth, even though the asteroid belt is in their way to get out of the close by planets and another asteroid belt at the edge of the solar system. Still a great show with such a different feel than many other SciFi shows.

Saw all four episodes this weekend and enjoyed it greatly. Ok so wheres my Babylon 5?
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I think it's coming later this year....perhaps,October...? This show was much a part of my youth,as well as UFO...I love most of the Gerry& Sylvia Anderson stuff out there. I think the feel comes from the great special efx...at the time,it was boasted that it was the most expensive show on TV.... One million an episode...!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Same here as ive always loved the Anderson's shows. Loved Fireball 500, and Thunderbirds.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

One of my favorite Space : 1999 episodes is on tonight..." Dragons Domain"...tentacled monster which no one thinks exists...excellent special efx for the early 70's...!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Dragons Domain was very good as were both episodes last night and the ones on Saturday. Great series.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I felt sorry and frustrated for Tony Cellini.....and what happened to him.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

It was tragic, but he couldnt live with himself having left the others who were attacked by the creature. In the end, given who he was, he had to go back and face the beast.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

If you were to just imagine yourself in that situation.. gives me nightmares all these years later... One of the things I really like about Space:1999 is the theme...kinda rock/disco/symphonic all mixed together for a great intro and ending. I also loved the theme for UFO.. The Anderson's were amazing...!! :o
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I was always impressed with the Anderson's and their shows still stand up pretty well today and spawned some remakes like the Thunderbirds.
I think a tv series based on the Thunderbirds would be amazing. Watching scary stuff doesnt really phase me even though Im not wild about a lot of blood and gore.
Site Moderator