What hardware are you using?

Discussion of hardware related issues
crosscourt

Re: What hardware are you using?

Post by crosscourt »

Pex is great stuff to work with and is ideal for older homes with issues. I tried to get them to use it here in the condos to solve some issues but they still wanted to do things the hard way.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

PEX is not bad to work with. The most often mentioned drawback is it has a high coefficient of friction, so you either loose water pressure, or you have to go with bigger pipe. Personally what I dislike is that installs always look so unprofessional. It just seems very janky compared to nice even straight lines of metal pipe. The pipe itself is fairly inexpensive which is a real plus, but for first time use, the cost of new tooling offsets that savings. And of course for personal use what on earth do I do with ~$150 worth of tools. Also the fittings of which a lot more seem to be required sort of nickel and dime you pieces.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Many types of Pex have built in coatings to reduce the friction issue. The installs for some look unprofessional but in fact that the beauty of Pex, as it can go and do things conventional plumbing simply cant, and its easier to install and fix. Youll be glad you have those tools, just in case something goes wrong or you decide to replace other plumbing in your house. Having extra fittings is insurance, particular when you do your first Pex job and may have had inadvertent issues. Compare it to the cost of regular plumbing today and its a huge bargain.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I was able to get my Asus Rog g10DK working and its back up and running. I sat down and tested the motherboard for hours and found some issues which I can now correct with my improved vision after cataract surgery. Its up and running and I tried a beta bios they were going to release but didnt and it works great.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My wife is going to be using a HP Elitedesk G4 705 mini (Ryzen 2400g, 32gb ram,2tb nvme ssd) as her work system. Its very small and can fit neatly on her desk and free up more space. Im presently using the Dell XPS 8940(i5 11400f,32gb ram,RX 6600 gpu, 2tb nvme ssd) as my system for gaming. Eventually will be moving my Ryzen 5 5600x to a new motherboard and getting rid of the oem board I had originally, that still has some issues.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive been running my Dell Inspiron 3670 with i5 8400, 16gb of ram, 1tb nvme ssd and gtx 1660 super video card. Its running my games as fast as the better Dell XPS 8940 and you can buy these things for under $100.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Just finished up my wifes HP Elitedesk 705 G4 mini, with Win11, 32gb of ram, built in Ryzen 5 2400g cpu/apu and 2tb Crucial P3 nvme ssd. I also setup a backup as I had more than one of these. It will be quite the space saver down the road, as I transition her off of her older system.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Spotted a replacement case,psu,motherboard just like my last system that I can us to recreate my Ryzen system. I got it yesterday and set the system up and its running great. It performs much better than my other systems yet is in a smaller case.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I was able to get a barebones of my Dell Inspiron 5680 so I can recreate my old system. Hoping this time around, my systems wont have any issues and remain reliable.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

FedEX screwed up and the barebones wont be here till late next week. Im not sure whats going on with package delivery these days but its gotten quite bad.
Site Moderator