Cover Page Problem

Discussion of hardware related issues
CaptNoize

Cover Page Problem

Post by CaptNoize »

My Hp printer ( Deskjet 950C) which has worked perfectly for years, has started printing a "Cover Page" every time I try to print a PDF invoice. It has never done this before. The driver version is hpcups 3.21.4
I went in to the settings, selected "policies" made sure banners were set to " none" . I had recently downloaded FreeOffice, and had OnlyOffice on it, but I had always used LibreOffice. I removed both FreeOffice, and Only Office. I removed the printer. Rebooted, reinstalled the printer,with Hp Desk Manager. Went into etc/usr/share and tried to find Hp file. Checked it and couldn't set anything. Still printing cover page. Any help would be appreciated. :roll:
crosscourt

Re: Cover Page Problem

Post by crosscourt »

Could be an issue with recent drivers but youve done everything I would have recommended.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Can I revert to a former driver....this thing worked fine. I bet you it's a damn bug.. :x I also tried cups/find new printer. It then asked me my name and password. I've never seen this before. Localhost.com was the tab..... Something is messed up. :x :x :x :roll:
wove

Post by wove »

I am very much out my element here. I have never noticed a cover page option in a printer driver. What is printed on the cover page? I would think a cover page would be something generated by the documentation creation software. I use an HP printer and I have never seen a setting in the printer software that relates to a cover page. Is there an option in the page layout or document setup settings in the office suite's preferences that relates to a "cover page"?
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

It's just a HUGE waste of paper and ink. It says COVER PAGE in big bold letters, the make of printer,the version of driver and the date...stupid dumb 💩💩....!!!! :x :x
And I certainly don't need it printing that nonsense when I'm in a hurry...!!!! :evil:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Cover page is typically banners as a setting but hes already turned it off. You can revert to an older driver as it might work. The office suites typically dont do that but the drivers do. I have different issues with my older Canon printer but its because its an older printer and recent drivers screw things up. It lists the driver and date on the cover page, how recent is the driver?
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

This driver was around back in 5-25-21. But it was functional till last week...I didn't have any problems with it till last Monday.
Cover page is just telling when it was created yesterday May 21.2024
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Take a look at this thread,
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=370912

Different HP printer but still the same issue.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I've done all those.... To no avail :x
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

This is usually just for test pages, but unplug your printer and hold the power button down for 3-4 minutes. Hopefully once you plug it back in it wont do it any more.
Site Moderator