Godzilla x Kong

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Godzilla x Kong

Post by CaptNoize »

A good friend called me and said he saw the new Godzilla movie. He said the Special Effects are over the top, the actors are good, and the storyline is well-written. He said that Kong and Godzilla look realistic, and they battle a new creature, that's a real menace.
Input welcomed.
crosscourt

Re: Godzilla x Kong

Post by crosscourt »

The clips Ive seen online and on tv look good. I wasnt a big fan of the Godzilla vs Kong movie, but this new movie looks very interesting. Im still a fan of the 2000s Godzilla films as I like the older style. Newer movies overall look very forced with their effects and when compare to the cheesy older Godzilla films, I like the older ones much better.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

I am a firm believer that monster movies really should need to cheesy. I think a person tends to get over monsters when they are about 8 and realize there is nothing under the bed or in the closet. From that point on monsters should be cheesy and fun and remind us of the silly beliefs we once held.

I do enjoy the original Godzilla movies from Japan. Godzilla, Mothra and Raymond Burr now that was some good stuff. I guess monsters just stopped being real when I was a kid and the best cgi in the world is just not going to make them any more real to me.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its interesting watching Gojira the original Godzilla movie minus Raymond Burr versus the Raymond Burr Godzilla version. The Godzilla movies in the 2000-2010 period were also good with some pretty good special effects, unique adversaries and the usual cheesy and oh so Japanese type of plot and acting. Its so much better than todays monster movies its hard to understand why they make the movies they do today.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I actually liked Godzilla vs Kong. But, I thought Rampage was good, also. I think there can be a balance between CGI and a guy in a rubber suit, if it's done correctly. I think moving forward, it will get better.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

THe Godzilla movies done in the 2000s didnt use rubber suits and were all CGI, but the style was vastly different from todays versions.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I liked them. The story lines were better,also. Kong Island was good. Sometimes, tho, the Special Effects take over, but that's ok, if the actors are amateurs.