New Antenna

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: New Antenna

Post by CaptNoize »

I don't want to seem like a pack rat. I keep my home orderly, clean, and well kept. But, growing up poor, I learned to get the most out of anything, and scavenge as much as possible. This has saved me thousands of dollars( money I didn't have) over the years. I assume everyone probably has a stash of hardware, but mine, is massive. Even though it's well organized, I sometimes forget what I do have.. :roll: :oops:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im the type that checked out the trash bins when I was working and found, tvs, computers,furniture and other items I actually used. I have extra tvs, computers and even vacuums. Money has been tight a lot and having those things to fall back on really helps.
I've been working really hard, cleaning floors, touchup painting, cleaning bathrooms, repairing walls and eventually replacing some hardware in the bathroom., sink faucet first. Your post about the antenna inspired me a bit to get things done.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'm glad I could inspire you..! :lol: It's amazing how much you were missing with cataracts..! My parents said the same thing. As soon as it's starts to get warmer out, I 'll be engrossed in getting my lawn tractor and push mower ready for Spring thru Fall. Since I now have 3 chainsaws, I will be doing major damage on the trees pruning them. It's either that, or pretend I'm Leather Face, from Texas Chainsaw Massacre.. :lol: :shock: :roll:
I bought a propane torch for on my 20lb tank last year. I got to use it a little, before it snowed, to burn up some pine needles in my crushed brick I have around my bushes. This torch is absolutely IGNORANT...!!! It's like using a flamethrower..!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :twisted: I will revisit that, since I have some pesky leaves from last fall lying around. And I already seen some weeds, that are going to taste my firey wrath..! :twisted:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

About killed myself today. Patched the ceiling in my room and the spackle was a bit dried out so I had issues. Added some water and it went a bit better on the second coat. Used a steam unit to do the entire bathroom, scrubbed with a small motorized brush all the tile grout lines on the floor(that's not quite done entirely but close), thoroughly cleaned the shower area to get ready for caulking, used chrome paint on the older shower drain to refurbish( will be touching up the tub as well as it has some chips, installed a new paper towel holder, and threw out a ton of crap from the bathroom. As your home ages its a lot tougher to get things cleaned up and we definitely let things go way too long. My expectations have to be reigned in a bit as I still remember what this place looked like after the fire when it was brand new.
That was 18 years ago so Ill do the best I can but given my age and some physical problems Ill make improvements as Im able. Still have to replace the caulk, replace the faucet, do a lot of painting and replace the lighting fixture above the sink. The vanity has some issues but Ill paint and try to make it work as it is for now. Thankfully the kitchen is mostly about cleaning it up and maybe replacing the stove but that's a wait and see.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

OMG, CC, I got tired just reading all that you did..! I do the same thing, tho, I get going, then never stop,until I'm ready to drop..! :roll: Seriously, you and I shouldn't overdue it.
But, it's nice to accomplish things. I overdue it to the point where I can barely get out of bed the next morning, due to the amount of pain...! :evil: :shock: It feels like I was in a steel cage fight...!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Pretty much in pain this morning, and my arthritic hands are not doing well. Will take the day off and play with the new computer but definitely have to pace myself. I forgot to mention we threw out two sofas, and did a clean job on the laminate floors as well. There will be a lot of doubling back as I slowly get things clean and repaired. New shower handheld will be in today so there's another project on top of my replacing my shower curtain, but still have to replace the rod as well. Now you see why I was a maintenance manager, I don't know when to say when, LOL!!!!
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

If you were closer, I would just hire you to help me here..! :lol: I can't get anyone to help me. I had a girl who works at a local NAPA store, paint the gable on the front of my garage. It took roughly a gallon of paint,but, she was able to do it from the ground, since I had a telescope pole, for the roller. It took her roughly 3 hours, and I got her pizza to eat. I paid her $225 cash. She asked for $150, but, I gave her extra, cuz she SHOWED up, when she said she would, did a good job, and helped me clean up afterwards. She told me she would help me anytime, but, she's been promoted at work, so, she doesn't have any extra time. :roll:
I can't stand on a ladder anymore, since I got neuropathy in both of my feet, and a torn meniscus in my knee. It's from years of doing ladder work, i.e. Roofing, gutter repair, and stage hand work. It just sucks.... :(
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

This morning I tried what is similar to using a grout pen but with caulk. Its a primer sealer that goes over caulk and grout if you like, makes it whiter and seals it. My caulk wasnt in real bad shape and I thought I would try this product and see how it goes. Its evidently very popular in Europe and you can use a small artists brush to apply, to gain more control. After youre done,you can second coat if needed and use a small razor blade to cut away any excess. Lets hope it does ok given I did quite a lot of the bathroom with it.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Sounds like a good idea. I hate doing grout cleaning. I found using a weak solution of citric acid and vinegar, to work well. I always mop my shower, since it has ceramic tile on the wall and floor. The rest is surrounded by a curtain. I keep the grout in there clean by washing it down once a month with Clorox.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

When it rains it pours. Out of the blue we kept seeing water on the floor in the kitchen. I looked around pulled out the panel under the dishwasher while it was running and boom! Leaking from the seal at the motor all over the floor. We just bought a new one that will be installed on Wednesday. Lowes does a nice job removing and installing the new dishwasher, but the fees for getting rid of the old one are not cheap.
Site Moderator