Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

FreeBSD 13.3 released

Post by crosscourt »

Site Moderator
wove

Re: FreeBSD 13.3 released

Post by wove »

I have been thinking more and more about moving to FreeBSD. I think it was @Bin that had mentioned NsCDE which I have been looking at in a VM. It seems like it might be a bit of nostalgia coupled with a very stable OS that can do the things I like to putz around with. The only thing giving me trouble is getting a hypervisor running on BSD. That might be just trying to run a hypervisor on an OS that is running on a hypervisor, but I would still feel more comfortable if I made more progress before I moved over.

Although this might also because the great new talent I have acquired in retirement is procrastination, and as become more comfortable with my new talent, the less I get done. It is not a bad thing for I have found I make far fewer mistakes by not even trying.
crosscourt

Re: FreeBSD 13.3 released

Post by crosscourt »

Im not a procrastinator by nature but now that Im older I do find myself not going after projects as fast as I use to. I also compromise a lot more and have to deal with some physical limitations, I hadnt had to deal with in the past. Im trying to learn to be more balanced and not try to do everything all at once. Particularly around the house, things are older and go wrong more often and I just dont want to deal with it all the time. Having done maintenance work for so long, I find it tough having to deal with it all the time, it gets old.

I havent tried a BSD in a long time so maybe down the road Ill give it a look.
Site Moderator