Medical issues

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: Medical issues

Post by crosscourt »

It depends on the doctor and the overall situation, as to how you respond to your medical advice. Some doctors like to be far more proactive and you need to reign them in a bit. Others have ,ore aggrssive attitudes and standing up for your rights is required. My doctor is very balanced and doesnt force the issue and allows me to make informed decisions. Its also different when youre dealing with a doctor youve known for a long time versus in my case Kaiser, which has a system that sometimes doesnt work as it should.

I find smartwatches are just another annoyance, and Im perfectly capable of handling my own habits and using a simple watch to monitor my exercise time and speed.
Site Moderator
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

I have a smart watch that monitors everything I do and can provide me with blood pressure, co2 levels, heart-rate, obviously not to medical standards but it's nice to have the ability to check these things instantly providing you realise they are not very accurate and if you have any concerns you should definitely seek advice from a doctor.

I mainly use my watch to check who the call/sms/email is from, so I know if I need to read it straight away or when I have spare time. To me it's a fun gadget and not something you should rely on for medical advice.
wove

Post by wove »

“dai-trying” wrote:I mainly use my watch to check who the call/sms/email is from, so I know if I need to read it straight away or when I have spare time.
When I picked the watch up I did not even think about that or consider it, but it is indeed one of the handiest features. I can put the phone on silent and put it down and deal with the incoming as I see fit with no real interruption.

The instruction manual that came with mine has "This is not a medical device." stamped all over it. It might not be medically accurate, but the readings it provides seem consistent. The charts the data produces provide a nice over view about how you are doing one week compared to another.

And of course it tells time. Overall I have spent a lot more money on devices that are far more useless than the smart watch.
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

wove wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:32 pmOverall I have spent a lot more money on devices that are far more useless than the smart watch.
Amen to that :lol: