WHat's your Favorite Sci-fi Movie

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: WHat's your Favorite Sci-fi Movie

Post by CaptNoize »

I really like both of them. However, the remake of the Day, really did the first a great disservice.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The remake of Day was terrible and Keanu was also terrible.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I feel the same way about War of the Worlds, but , I don't like Tom Cruise to begin with. Few remakes ever exceed the original.
wove

Post by wove »

I did not think much of the story line behind The Day the Earth Stood Still, so am not a big fan of either the original or the remake. The remake does have Jennifer Connelly and Kathy Bates, both of which are solid actors. I will watch any movie that has Kathy Bates in it.

The real icing on the cake for the remake was seeing John Cleese play one other the earth’s top scientists. I found myself moving into a Dr. Strangelove moment. That in and of itself was worth the pice of admission. Overall though the story behind the movie just feels too weak to make for a good film.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The Day the Earth Stood Still is a classic scifi film with the fate of the earth dependent on the actions of its residents. You see it in many films like Earth vs the Flying Saucers for instance or Independence Day with a slight twist. The alien really doesnt want to destroy you, just wake you up to the fact that you cant act independently any more. I think Day has an amazing feel to it and resonates a lot better than the remake which was poorly acted, clung to its CGI and didnt stick to the plot too well. Jennifer Connelly though thats a plus.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I wanted to comment on Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. The second season is excellent. There is a full blown Broadway musical episode that I was quite impressed with. I'm not into Broadway shows at all. But I was blown away with "Subspace Rhapsody". Checkout the Ready Room highlights on YouTube. Season 2 ended with a cliffhanger.
The Walking Dead: Dead City, was 6 episodes. Didn't really like the premise, the story lines where typical, and I really didn't care about the characters. I watched the 10 minute intro called The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon. A little bit better than Dead City, but it happens in France...?? How the hell did he get clear to France,when we last saw him in Virginia..???!😠😆 I hate when they bounce around with locations and time jumps... :x :x :roll:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Hoping to see Star Trek SNW down the road as Im still watching a lot of the older variants on cable.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I get what you're saying. I watch H&I every night. A whole evening of Star Trek. However, it's all shows that I've seen many times over. I was lucky enough to have a friend share his account with me. If it goes away,I'll still buy it. This is why I cut the cable and ditched my cable thieves years ago. With Amazon Fire Tv, I can buy what I want, for $10 a month, and don't have to pay for an entire package. With a cable contract, those scammers charge you for things you'll never watch. AND you can discontinue something you don't want, monthly.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

There really isnt anything I want to see so bad that I would sign up for subscriptions. All things end up in the public domain eventually so Ill just wait.
Site Moderator