Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

MX Linux 23 released

Post by crosscourt »

Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: MX Linux 23 released

Post by crosscourt »

Quite the turnaround as MX 23 final is amazing and really a great experience. I noticed they added the 64bit 6.4 AHS kernels to the MX package installer.Firefox 116 has already been added along with Thunderbird 112.13. Discovery is working the best Ive ever seen it so far and I havent had any issues at all. If you havent tried it you should even if youre a devout Debian 12 user.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

I downloaded MX 23. It unfortunately does not even boot the 2010 MBP. It failed on "populating /dev". I did get to the command line installer by booting in safe mode on xorg, but did not follow through with the install. This hardware does boot, run and install Debian 12, without any trouble.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

You were using the most recent MX23 final? I had issues with Beta 2, rc1-2 but not rc3 and the final works fine.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im using MX 23 as my everyday distro right now but still spending way too much time in Windows.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Even though I was quite harsh about the issues with the beta and 1/2 release candidates , MX 23 has turned out to be an excellent distro that surpassed my expectations and even influenced me away from Debian 12 original. Newbies will really like the features and the MX package installer for one click access to many apps and alternate kernels if needed. Hardware support is good and its very stable. Will be doing some gaming on it down the road to experiment but give it a try.
Site Moderator