Debian Bookworm and NextCloud

Discussion on Linux distributions
wove

Debian Bookworm and NextCloud

Post by wove »

Debian is working out very nicely. The one problem I have been trying to sort out is connecting Debian to NextCloud. Using the online account setting in either KDE or in Gnome to connect to NextClound results in a freeze and a force quit of the online accounts. The same freeze happens when trying to connect to NextCloud in mail, calendar or contact applications irrespective of the application used.

Using the NextCloud desktop app does work just fine to setup file syncing with the file manager, once I have accepted and agree to use the "invalid certificate". This leads me to believe that there is something in Debian, that just refuses to accept an invalid certificate when accessed at a system level.

Since NextCloud does have a certificate, albeit a self signed one, I was wondering if there is some way to simply add that certificate to Debian's list of certificates. I do not know where Debian keeps its certificate database, nor an approved method for accessing and making changes to that database. I have not tripped across any useful info on the internet and would appreciated any pointer.

The MacOS uses its KeyChain to handle certificates database, and it is commonly used to update the security database to keep older systems viable as old certificates exprire and need to be replaced with newer certificates.