Color management on KDE

Discussion of software apps
wove

Color management on KDE

Post by wove »

Is anyone aware of some color control software for KDE? It would be nice to have something that could use icc profiles and make automatic adjustments. However it would also work to have something that would allow one to set the gamat, temerature and white point manually. At the moment the biggest gripe I have with my Debian KDE install is that the screen colors are washed out, and since I know the screen can be beautiful, I would like to find some way to adjust the screen.

The MBP has nvidia, and intel graphics. Apple automatically switches between gpus depending on the load. You can tell when that happens, because all of a sudden the color spectrum changes. It would be nice to at least diminish that or get rid of it. This is one area where linux really lags. Apple has had built in software color management for 25 years and I think MS introduced color management in Windows 7.
bin

Re: Color management on KDE

Post by bin »

colord-KDE?
wove

Post by wove »

Thanks, bin. I installed that via Synaptic and that brings in the Gnome color management utilities. I found if you go into the night light settings and turn night light to always be on, you can control the color temperature of the display. Things get better with more playing around:)
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Beat me to it,bin thanks for the post.
Site Moderator