Discussion of hardware related issues
crosscourt

System76 Pangolin laptop review

Post by crosscourt »

Site Moderator
wove

Re: System76 Pangolin laptop review

Post by wove »

Ars also did a nice review of the Pangolin laptop. I have looked at that machine longingly on System 76's website. I am pretty sure if I ever found myself flush with cash that is would be the laptop I would purchase.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I had some issues trying to link to Ars review the day I posted it so went with another review.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

I get most of my news from RSS readers and ARS has a solid feed. It provides, a snippet, allows for content scrapping without ads and multimedia, and it is a decent web site as well. For me Akregator is one of the big killer KDE apps. It will get just the snippets, but can also scrape the content, and if desired it will bring in the whole web page, using the Konqueror backend. Konqueror also automatically picks up if a site has an RSS feed and provides an icon to click to just add the feed to Akregator.

I really appreciate that dai-trying has an RSS feed, thanks for that.
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

wove wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 3:19 amI really appreciate that dai-trying has an RSS feed, thanks for that.
You're welcome, but it's thanks to the PHPBB team really as it is their default. :D
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

One of many reasons I like PHPBB which Ive been lucky to use on quite a few websites both as a poster and staff.
Site Moderator