Sky Predator

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Sky Predator

Post by CaptNoize »

I think there's a hawk around my home, killing small birds and animals, from my trees. I understand that's the way nature is designed. However, I found the skin and remains of a cat, which, I won't allow. I will try to figure out how to discourage it, if I can find out what and where it's roosting place is. If it's a bald eagle, then it stays. We've been bringing them back in a big way here in Zombie Land.
crosscourt

Re: Sky Predator

Post by crosscourt »

Have the cat remains evaluated as it might not be a bird of prey that killed the cat. It could be other predators in the area such as fox or coyotes.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Re: Sky Predator

Post by CaptNoize »

No..the way it was picked apart, I can tell it was a large predatory bird. There was parts of the legs and feet left intact. There were balls of fur, all under a large pine tree, where this makes its perch. There has been piles of feathers( from doves and song birds) also. I caught a rabid fox one time making a run at me. I was carrying my 12 gauge pump shotgun. The fox died of lead poisoning..... :twisted: :roll: This might possibly happen again, if this is a coyote, or a sharp shin hawk. Certain birds are ABSOLUTELY off limits for killing. Ospreys and any version of eagles, as well as red tailed hawks.