Steam really pissed me off

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Steam really pissed me off

Post by crosscourt »

Steam is the gaming service I moved to after Epic screwed me over and lost all my games. Well it happened again. Steam lost all my games and saves and we had a time finding and getting them back but its still not working completely. Gaming services for me have been a pain and I thought that I was one of a few isolated incidents but thats not the case. Many Steam users have had similar issues and its not a small number. At this point Im angry enough to move away and settle for some of my older games that I have discs for and use my older Win 7 system as a partial alternative.
In the case of Epic they lost my games and I never got them back even though I paid for them. I went over to Steam and had to repurchase some games, thankfully they were cheaper after all that time but now its happened again. Steam support is better than Epic but thats not saying much. If you use Steam and read this and think, I havent had any issues, pray hard as it can and probably will happen to you. I spent a lot of time on forums with a lot of people in my boat but rarely does it ever get fixed entirely if at all. Say what you will about physical media but at least you have access to the game and have a good chance of being able to play it and keep your saves.
Ive got my Dell Optiplex 7010 systems back up and running with Win7 and have access to a large gaming library I built up over the years. I also have some installed games on Win11 outside Steam that I can also play. Ill post back if this situation gets cleaned up and let you know what happened.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Steam really pissed me off

Post by crosscourt »

Just an update for everyones info. It was the Steam update that caused the issue and I did get most of my games back but not all of them and all saves were lost. Apparently I wasnt the only one with the issue and many didnt get any of their games back. Just be aware in case this happens to you.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Those crumbs need to refund your money, if this is an ongoing problem. The sad fact is, alot of companies, in this day,and age, simply don't care about their customers. And, like you said, even tho you did get some of your games back, you lost the others, and your "saves", so that looks like a full reimbursement to me.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Supposedly thay are working on it but they rarely give refunds. I really hate digital game services because there are so many issues.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

They finally came through and found my games but no saves. Ive been able to play back and get to where I was before the issue.
Site Moderator