The weather has been crazy

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
wove

Re: The weather has been crazy

Post by wove »

We had lots of snow, then a cold snap, but for the last few days and forecast into next week the temperatures have been well above average. Daily highs have been near freezing with just a small drop off overnight. The snow between the back door and the car, has turned into a solid mass of ice, more inline with concrete. It is easier to go out the front and walk around the house to the car in back.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

No snow but a lot of wind and it got cold in a hurry. Next week though its going to be in the 50s to 60F, strange weather.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

The weather is very weird here. It has been above freezing for the last 2 days and it is not suppose to drop below freezing until tomorrow night. For the next two weeks it is suppose to remain 20-25(F) above normal. I am sure in my life I have never seen it go a whole day above freezing, let alone three days. The 36" of snow we had is going fast, but leaving one sloppy slippery mess. With the gas prices way way up I will take the warm weather, but I hope it does not bode for extreme nastiness down the road.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its cold bit not real cold and its been one of the warmest January's that I can remember.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Cold, around 39F, dank and rainy today but given its January, not an issue.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Lots of snow predicted to fall here tomorrow,with different types of weather conditions during the day. 4-6" predicted for north of me, 2 -4" here. Then changing to rain. . :( :x :roll:
wove

Post by wove »

The other day the wife said there was a cluster of robins in the backyard. I was not sure I believed her, but today I noticed the cluster of robins in the front yard. That is very unusual, I do not know how far south robins go for the winter, but you just do not see robins in Minnesota in the winter. It is currently 5F outside and was -8F this morning. Those are some very tough robins. I think just about everyone in the neighborhood has a well stocked bird feed out so there is plenty of food available, which perhaps accounts for the robins not heading south. But then maybe it is something about climate change going on as well. You know it being so warm now in Minnesota :)

(As a point of clarification, the north american robin is a species of thrush, and is a different bird than the European robin both only sharing the red breast. Do European robins migrate?)
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Winter may return next week in my area with some sleet and light snow, but a short lived event.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Close to 60F today but that will end abruptly tomorrow as temps drop and a taste of winter shows up.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Sleet, freezong rain and cold today but rain is on the way.
Site Moderator