After a lot of testing this is the distro

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive waffled back and forth a lot, seen temporary gains and had to pull back. After a lot of testing,distro hopping and everyday use Ive found myself back where I was originally, feeling really good about the choice. Zorin 16.2 Core OS will become my everyday OS as I try to wean myself off of Windows over the next few years, both for gaming and personal use. For those of you who are thinking its just a Windows clone, youre not entirely wrong but it can be customized to be whatever you want it to be with various desktop layouts. If you want to run Windows apps easily its the easiet OS Ive ever worked with,designed specifically for using Wine. Gaming is also good and will get better.as I gain more experience with it. Zorin has support for Android, Flatpak, Snap and of course Synaptic PM making it easy to get whatever apps you need. Support whether its with the core version through the forums or the Pro version which you pay a fee to get extras with support. both work well.
Ive been jumping around so much I just needed to find something that I could settle down with and work with it over a longer time to reap more of the benefits. Ill post back as I use it next year to let you know how its going. My hope is that I can get my wife and family to maybe switch over so i dont have to deal with all the Windows issues all the time.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Re: After a lot of testing this is the distro

Post by CaptNoize »

Which version ,CC..? Free version, or the pay for version..?
crosscourt

Re: After a lot of testing this is the distro

Post by crosscourt »

Free version, Core version.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The only exceptions are my Lenovo M600 Tinys as I had to run a lighter distro which ended up to be Q4OS KDE.
Site Moderator