TWILIGHT ZONE EPISODE

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

TWILIGHT ZONE EPISODE

Post by CaptNoize »

I always watch this episode of the Twilight Zone, this time of year. It's very moving,and profoundly enlightening,... but sad. "Changing Of the Guard" is a must see.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7yviat
crosscourt

Re: TWILIGHT ZONE EPISODE

Post by crosscourt »

Having been a coach, many of my students would contact me around this time of year to see how I was doing and thank me for what I imparted to them over the years. As you get older, those phone calls become fewer and fewer but I still enjoy the experience I had with them. I also keep track of some of them as they succeed in their own careers but havent heard from any one in quite some time. Changing of the guard is a truism in life.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Unfortunately,for me at least, I don't hear from many of the people I taught to play guitar, or do sound, they're busy with their own lives, but, from time to time, I hear from the profressionals I did work with, just checking in on me. I'm so far removed from the business,in a desolate,remote part of the country, I'm out of the mainstream. :roll:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

A couple of my former students are now tennis head coaches at major universities. A few went pro and did very well. Others are coaching at large well known tennis accademies and one is a traveling coach to a tour professional. Others went into business and have been very successful including one that won the Intel National competition and went on to work for LucasArts Games and has been a part of quite a few blockbuster products(Star Wars games). I have to say it warms the heart when you see them doing so well and makes me feel that things will be ok down the road. Its tough when you dont get that interaction any more and miss traveling with students to tournaments. My job at the condos was a way to set me up for retirement but it was a miserable experience overall. Given the economy and other factors it was the best way to ensure my future.
Site Moderator