WALLPAPER WON'T CHANGE

Discussion of software apps
CaptNoize

Re: WALLPAPER WON'T CHANGE

Post by CaptNoize »

If you figure out what the problem is, I would appreciate a reply.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I actually went into the background folder found in usr/ share and removed all the wallpapers I didn't like and replaced them with the ones I liked. This had to be done thru root thunar permission. What a P.I.T.A. :x :roll:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

KDE does that differently but what a pain.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I didn't like how KDE copied an paste-d files either. That's "why" I stuck with XFCE. Straight forward and common sense. I like Dolphin file handler,but I couldn't get it to paste into my main folders on KDE. After about a half an hour of trying, I got pissed off, and just re-installed XFCE. Another, P.I.T. A.
At this point in my life, I have very little patience for nonsense. :x :roll: :evil:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

MX XFCE I think uses Thunar file manager instead of Dolphin so that probably explains why it worked. I also use Thunar with MX KDE and havent had any issues.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Looking back, I should have installed XFCE file manager on KDE, but I was pissed cuz I spent alot of time, just trying to figure out how to do it on Dolphin. I tried finding the info in the MX manual, but they just " assume " you know how to use dolphin. From the get go, I 've always used Thunar Root manager. I like it's straight forward approach to file management.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

There are quite a few file managers that can be installed regardless of the DE. Ive always liked Thunar but its not the only one Ive used as Zorin uses Caja which works very well. Caja is a fork of Nautilus another good file manager.
Site Moderator