We have snow.

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
wove

We have snow.

Post by wove »

I awoke this morning to snow on the ground. It is expected to remain below freezing all day and overcast. I am really not ready for this weather yet.
tlmiller

Re: We have snow.

Post by tlmiller »

Lucky.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

They predict we are suppose to get some snow,not much near December 15. Its rarely below freezing here.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

We got bigger snowfall yesterday with 6 inches. It was 20F with a nice 25mph winds. Sort of an early taste of blizzard. It stopped later afternoon and we lucked out as my son stopped by and cleared the walks and driveway. this morning it is 16F and as warm as it is suppose to get. Suppose to be wind y all day as well. Looking at the extended forecast, it appears this could be the start of the world being all white until May 2023.It is so nice to have the pantry well stocked and no place to go.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

60F today and weve been getting some rain so still waiting for our first snow.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

WE have RAIN!! It's not as nice as snow, but hey, at least it's a change of pace from nonstop freaking sunlight.
wove

Post by wove »

It was 4F this morning. It is now 12F and it is suppose to warm up overnight and through tomorrow with tomorrow's high near freezing. We got more snow last night only about an inch though. It is a bit colder than normal for us this time of year. General on would expect highs in the 30s lows in the teens (F). During better months our weather is impacted a lot by warm air from the Gulf of Mexico being pushed up the Mississippi valley, starting in October that movement of air is stopped by the Arctic air masses moving down from Canada. I have shoveled twice already about 10 inches total and I am already tired of shoveling.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Still in the 60's here. It did drop down into the 50's for a few days.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Just missed snow but got a bit of sleet before it all turned to rain.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

Last week we ran into just a small flurry out in South Dakota and today we drove in snow for a few hours out tuning. We have about a half a foot of snow on the ground. Today while snowing it was not too bad just a bit below freezing. This weekend highs with be single digits, lows below zero (-15 to -25C). I am planning to just stick around the house and try and keep warm.