Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Linux Lite 6.2 released

Post by crosscourt »

Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Linux Lite 6.2 released

Post by crosscourt »

Gave it a try and the live media boot up takes forever, Installing is also slow but once in the distro its a mixed bag. Wifi was seen but no auto detection for the printers, which in todays distros wont fly for me. Welcome screen is nice and they have you foloow a certain set of steps to get things setup but a lot of it doesnt work. Updates wouldnt install so had to use Synaptic to fix it. Adding drivers wasnt a smooth experience and not having the Ubuntu printer package installed should not happen. Theming is good and I like their dark theme but they still rename packaes like Synaptic as software installer, which is ok, until you see theres another software installer, thats the software store. Its not as polished as Peppermint or Mint XFCE and tries to add a lot of user features like MX Linux but many have problems. Im stunned this distro is rated at 9 on Distrowatch, as I couldnt recommend this distro to users with so many other good XFCE distros out there. Your experience may have been different but Ive never had much luck with LL.
Site Moderator