Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.3

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.3

Post by crosscourt »

Installed it and gave it a try on my Dell e6440. I havent used Cinnamon in quite awhile and its improved hugely. Its quicker, far more stable and the applet issues seem to be gone. I gave the applets and desklets both a try and both worked fine. It picked up all my hardware with no issues and resource usage is lower than it use to be, around 800mb.
Then I installed it on my e4310 and things went a bit south. Initially the touchpad had some issues but that got solved. It wouldnt see both the ethernet and wifi connection. I checked the other e4310 and no issues so it must be the wlan card.
Installed a Intel 6235, to test and it worked fine. First time Ive seen this many issues with wifi cards and first time that ethernet wouldnt work either.
My other distros have no issues with the former Intel card so what gives? Doesnt bode well for older hardware and Mint typically does a good job with this and Neon had no issues at all. Regardless my experience with this distro was very good but be sure to install the multimedia codecs when installing. Multimedia tests went fine and so did gaming. The system troubleshooter is a nice feature for new users and the installed apps were excellent. They dont overdo it so you can set it up however you like without having to uninstall a bunch of apps. Firefox is the default browser and the search is set to Google by default. Iso size is around 2.3gb so its going to be a tough go for slower connections.
Site Moderator