Increase display contrast in KDE.

Discussion of software apps
wove

Increase display contrast in KDE.

Post by wove »

I do not think that KDE has a setting to change the display contrast. I have looked in accessibility, appearance, and displays and have not found any setting to control the contrast on the display. You can make changes in fonts to use a heavier font, which seems more a kludge than a solution. What I would like to accomplish is just increasing the screen contrast by 10-15%
tlmiller

Re: Increase display contrast in KDE.

Post by tlmiller »

It might not be quite enough for what you're looking for, but have you played with adjusting the gamma? Yes, technically it's just overall brightness, but I've found that if I turn the gamma down a tad to like .9 from 1.0, it also does look like the contrast overall is increased. Mind you, it only works for a short time, as the overall screen starts getting too dark to comfortably use around .7.
wove

Re: Increase display contrast in KDE.

Post by wove »

Thanks @tlmiller. Changing the gamma settings did the trick for me. I could not find gamma settings at first. To set the gamma in Plasma requires kscreen and kgamma5, which are not included in the Fedora instal. So I installed them, which gave me gamma settings. I set it to 0.65 which is doing a fine job for me. Thanks for the pointer.