A New Job

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: A New Job

Post by crosscourt »

If you need counseling check with your local government as the County has services available. I went and saw a counselor who worked for the County and it was a great experience.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

So, the people I worked with at my last job, keep in touch with me. Seems even tho management thought I was an door mat, I did make an impression on my coworkers. So, the last person I trained to do assembly, called me yesterday, and told me he quit. He had enough. Imagine that..? Since the order we/I was working on was nearing completion,and finished shortly after I left, they moved the few who were left to other jobs, and not good ones, to get other things finished. These are welding jobs,and heavy lifting jobs,which I would not have been able to do,anyway. And now, the pressure is on,to complete the last phase of the project. I'm glad I left when I did..!😁
BTW.. the only counseling I need is a tall blonde carrying two 38's.... And she can be carrying a gun, too..! 😆😆
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Doesnt surprise me as companies that bad simply dont change. Since I left my job the Board and the Regional have been doing a lot of stupid things and the maintenance guy doesnt so a third of what I use to do.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

So, I interviewed for a new job today, and now, I got 2 more job offers. I had 3 smoking hot women, in the same small office interview me at the same time. No... I know what you're thinking,... :roll: This wasn't the beginning to an adult movie :lol: ..! They were highly impressed with my resume, and they wanted to talk about my past career as a sound engineer, for the bands I worked with in the eighties. :oops: I was also filling out all my paperwork to go interview at the main company.
After reading their handbook they gave me, I realized I was, and still, totally in my rights to file charges against my last place of employment, for on the job harassment. The next time, I will enforce my rights,(since I used to be a "fed") if the need arises. I hope the last situation was a "fluke". But if not,.... Heads Will Roll...💀💀
Last edited by CaptNoize on Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Sounds like a fun interview. I wonder what they have in mind given your experience?
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I found that they want to send me to a job doing wiring, right next door to where I live. It's the same money I was making at the last job, but closer. I will have a 90 day trial period, as I did at the last job, then a raise and full healthcare.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Wiring electronics, appliances? Sounds like a nice situation given the pay and close to home.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Wiring control panels for steel mill control hubs. They call them "pulpits" . I also had a sound contractor offer me a job as "crew chief" installing large scale sound systems in concert venues, and theaters. This is right up my alley. They want me to be involved in everything from the design, to finished product. This will depend on how much money,and if there's alot of traveling involved in it. I'm not looking to go back out on the road, at my age. :roll: :evil:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The sound job sounds interesting and it may be you wont be traveling all the time, breaks in between jobs and better pay overall.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

It literally boils down to money and perks. But, at this point in my life,after talking with my financial planner,and some friends who have retired, my " sweet spot" may be taking my retirement at 63 and 6 months, that's assuming on a few factors. One is the actual amount I will receive next year, after the 8.7% raise. The mindset I'm getting from most is, take the money, while I can. Rumors are that, next year the Republican house may try to force a SSA age raise to 72😠😠 The thieves are at it again..!!😤😤 Depending on how and what job I get, has alot to due with my retirement date. One thing that I found out from this whole ordeal, is some people who you thought were your friend,aren't...! :evil: :x :x