Lenovo Thinkcentre M700 Tiny

Discussion of hardware related issues
crosscourt

Lenovo Thinkcentre M700 Tiny

Post by crosscourt »

Got a windfall of some extra cash from Social Security as they screwed up what they owed me and gave me a retroactive lump sum from January of this year, plus a monthly increase down the road. I found the M600 a bit slow even though its still a capable HTPC so I bought two M700s that use 6th gen i5 cpus to use for my Linux use and testing. Ill also test them with Win10. The cases are so easy to access that they are ideal for testing and making changes. Ill post back once they come. Really like mini pcs as I need the larger monitor due to my vision issues but the min pcs offer accessibility with small size and good performance. These two systems were cheap so not breaking the bank.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Lenovo Thinkcentre M700 Tiny

Post by crosscourt »

Both systems came in today. I added 8gb initially but will go to 16gb. Updated the bios,added the ssd and off an running. System runs great, good performance with its i5 6400T cpu that runs at 2.2ghz but can boost to 2.8ghz. Its plenty for running Linux or Win10. It has two memory slots and an additional m.2 sata slot if needed. Power supply is 65w but the system runs around 42w which is a tenth of my other desktop systems. Will do some tests and benchmarking. Quiet system yet temps are around 37c in such a small case.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its very interesting as the system temps are lower in MX LInux versus Win10. MX Linux the low is 37c, the high is 48c, it stays in the low 40s mainly at idle.
In Win10 the low temp is 44c and the high is 56c, with the system staying around 49-52c mainly at idle. It may ave to do with the number of processes running at idle but its a interesting.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Very impressed with these systems after using them for awhile. Fantastic choice for someone who wants a smaller system, but still needs decent performance.
Site Moderator