Cpu-X alternative to Cpu-Z for Linux

Discussion of software apps
crosscourt

Re: Cpu-X alternative to Cpu-Z for Linux

Post by crosscourt »

Loved Win2k and really hated having to go to XP. Win98SE was my gaming go to in those days and even with the problems it was a great OS. A lot of power users back then as it was necessary depending on what you were using it for like gaming. I spend about 90% of my time in Windows of various types and the rest in Linux. Ive picked up a few clients while retired and really need to have my hands in both to a point. The number of Windows users Im seeing has grown a lot, mostly Win7/Win10 and Ive spent a lot of time helping people run Win7 safely, if there is such a thing.
As to hwinfo64 Im talking about Windows users and reviewers. Among Windows users its the preferred app regardless of what the Linux users think.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, but who cares what Windows users like? They like Windows, so they obviously can't be trusted to have a clue as to what's good. :D
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

A lot of those Windows users are also using Linux such as myself but yes the Windows ecosystem is something to behold, LOL!!
I will say though that people have gotten a lot better with their understanding of their system/Windows OS. What gets them in trouble is they allow their habits to take precedent over what they know they actually shouldnt do.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

A lot of that I blame Microsoft for. They make it so that when they actually DO try to tighten security, it makes it such a PAIN IN THE EVERLOVIN ASS with how they implement it (Vista and the popup "do you want to authorize this" for EVERYTHING, even just trying to click the mouse seems like it generated a user access control popup) that it causes people to be worse.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I spend a lot of time cleaning systems of problems and educating people as to what they can do to stay safe while still being able to use their system the way they prefer. Social media has really screwed up the landscape and peoples judgement gets skewed then bad things happen.
Site Moderator