Lenovo Thinkcentre M600 Tiny

Discussion of hardware related issues
crosscourt

Re: Lenovo Thinkcentre M600 Tiny

Post by crosscourt »

Zorin has worked out well on two of my M600 and one Im using as a Linux system and the other as a tv box in the living room. As Zorin has been running it seems to have optimized itself as its faster and smoother than it was to start. Its only using 738mb with resources which surprised me. The GUI is so easy for anyone to understand and use, my wife hasnt had any issues using it for internet content and surfing.
Will wait with the other M600 and leave it on Win10 ans Zorin has a lot of games available and even more online. Ive been playing Chocolate Doom which is fun and runs fine on this system.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ended up using Q4OS KDE aka Debian on these systems and it works well its actually lighter than many other so called lighweight distros. For general use, online browsing,streaming and even some older lightweight gaming youre fine. Once you move up to more demanding work youll have to be patient.
As a TV box it also works very well and will eventually replace my ageing Chromeboxes. Very cool running system a sit rarely breaks 25C and uses only 14W.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Traded for two more of these and will be using them for running Linux and for parts for my other two m600s. Presently running MX Linux 23 beta 2 on them and it runs very well.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Added more ram, and decided to run Zorin instead but they are still running very well. Even with the weak Braswell Pentium processor it runs both Zorin and Win10 very well.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Changed my mind and went with Fedora Silverblue 38 on both systems, Only issue was they dont like Wayland so ran Xorg at login.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Updates were available today and it seems to have solved the Wayland issue.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Too many issues with Silverblue and these systems are not great performers. Interestingly so far PCLinuxOS has performed the best on these systems.
Tried Q4OS but there appears to be some kind of issue at startup and it takes forever to startup. Its the only distro so far to have that issue.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Was able to trade all 4 of my m600s for a single M900 tiny with i5 65007 cpu/8gb of ram, and the ability to use sata or nvme ssds.
Site Moderator