Covid 19 booster/flu shot

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Covid 19 booster/flu shot

Post by crosscourt »

5th Covid shot but its doing a number on the body. Didnt take more than a few hours and by nighttime I was a goner. Fever, severe joint pain, fatigue and severe itchiness. Flu shot just causes some tiredness and aches but no where near as bad. I had one shot done in each arm and both sides of my body were hurting. With Covid surges locally it had to be done and hope those of you who get your boosters dont have these kinds of issues.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Re: Covid 19 booster/flu shot

Post by tlmiller »

I still haven't been allowed to get a 4th. Doctors recommend it, pharmacies keep hawking that they have it, but try to sign up "you don't meet the required criteria".
wove

Post by wove »

This came about so fast I do not think the powers that be have really sorted things out yet, Medicare notified me that I am eligible for yet another booster, but the clinic says "No you're not." It is now the time of the year to get a flu shot. Last year a I got a Covid booster, then the next day I got my flu shot. I can tell you straight up do not do that. I was discombobulated for 10 days after that.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The 5th shot or most recent booster has been authorized for anyone 18 or older and particularly anyone 55 or older. Kaiser contacted us within a week of its being available and we went in to get it. If you have at least 4 months since youre last booster you are eligible.
Ive had issues even when I get the Covid shot by itself as I tend to have very strong reactions. This supposedly means my immune system is in good shape,lets hope so.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

Covid has really faded around here anyway. Everything is open and feels pretty normal. I do not know anyone who has had it recently. I was looking after the grand daughter last weekend and she said they are still doing distancing as best they can in the classroom, but masks and such have been dropped. She said there were very few absentees. That suits me fine, I am back to enjoying wandering about town.

I got the flu maybe 10 years ago for what I think was the first time in my life. I was miserable for a couple weeks and vowed not to go though that again. So I have gotten a flu shot every year since and have not had the flu again.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

crosscourt wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:50 pm The 5th shot or most recent booster has been authorized for anyone 18 or older and particularly anyone 55 or older. Kaiser contacted us within a week of its being available and we went in to get it. If you have at least 4 months since youre last booster you are eligible.
Ive had issues even when I get the Covid shot by itself as I tend to have very strong reactions. This supposedly means my immune system is in good shape,lets hope so.
Tell that to every single pharmacy within 2 miles of me that takes my insurance.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Cant speak to what happens in your area but the shots are widely available in my area and Kaiser being such a large organization tends to get access pretty quickly to vaccine.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

Around here you get a vaccination certificate card. It lists the type of vaccine, the lot # of the vaccine, who has administered it, with the shot giver signing the card. If you are eligible for anther shot, you just go to a place that gives out the shots, so them the card, and if you are indeed eligible they just give you a shot. The shots are free you do not need pay or provide insurance information. I have gotten a shot twice at the clinic, down at the county public health department and at the pharmacy.

The first shot I got I had to sit and be observed for a half hour in case of an adverse reaction, from then on it was just show up expose your upper arm, get shot and go home.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Same here, as we have our Covid cards and the shots are free at Kaiser, clinics and stores like CVS. We do it at Kaiser the they can maintain records on our shots outside of the cards.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Called the doctor last week, and nurse said they don't have the booster shot until they get enough of a list of people who want it. Can't get the flu shot till the end of the month. I had problems with edema in my right foot with 3rd booster, this would be my 4th covid booster. I'm not looking forward to getting it at all. If I have problems with it,someone is getting their ass handed to them..! 😠💀 I don't think this is quite perfected yet. I've been reading different view points on it. Seems there is some discrepancies in the RNA vaccine. I don't know what or who to believe.