Last music festival of the summer

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: Last music festival of the summer

Post by crosscourt »

I know you have a website but Im referring more to things like Facebook and Instagram to gain a bit more interest. The repair videos dont have to actual show repairs being done but can show some typical issues that can be repaired rather than throwing it out and try to push some business to you.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I had a Facebook account, and like anything on Fakebook, all I got was losers who had no money,wanted me to do charity work, or simply wanted to argue about politics. I got sick of it, and deleted it. And my personal account. I do have a LinkedIn profile, and I don't do Instagram. I had alot of stuff show up in the past two days,and I got more coming in today. Hopefully, this trend will continue.
Last edited by CaptNoize on Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

A lot of businesses including one of mine have done very well on Facebook and Instagram. Sorry youre experience was so bad but whatever works is what is important. Linkedin is a great resource but back when I had my tennis business Youtube was a huge help.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

One thing I hate about running a home based business is when you schedule appointments for customers, at specific times, they show up whenever they want..! I waited for 2 hours the other evening, on a customer to show up. I had another appointment to be somewhere, which made me late. I notice this is happening alot,since the pandemic,more so than before. I deal with it as best as possible.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Same here as my tennis business had major issues with people not showing up and sometimes I had to drive distance only to find out they werent coming.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I just have to deal with it for now.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Did you see that Elon Musk is now charging a subscriber fee for Twitter,..? I wonder how long it's going to be till Instagram starts charging, and probably Facebook. I don't use either one of them. Facebook was a HUGE flop for me. I had my business on there, advertising for what I did,and all I got were these jagoffs wanting to argue about politics. I had trolls and idiots trying to call me out, to argue nonsensical bullsh*t, and not do business. When they started making threats, that's when I deleted the account. I didn't need that aggravation. I was using Craigslist, but now, they're charging for any services you post. It's all about money.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I dont think other services that have viable advertising will bother with this. Facebook is already losing a lot of people. I dont use Twitter so dont care but why people would want to subscribe, I just dont see the point. Companies and organizations may see some benefits but it wont change the issues with bots and misinformation.
Site Moderator