Last music festival of the summer

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
wove

Last music festival of the summer

Post by wove »

The town had it last music festival of the summer this weekend. Rockbend Folk Festival last for two days and draws in some pretty good acts. It has been getting more and more bluesy over the last decade, but its a good time and draws a good crowd representing all ages. St. Peter, has several music festivals over the summer, beginning with Blues Fest about the first of June.

We always have Jazz in the park on Thursdays all summer and a local bar has live local music every Sunday afternoon all summer on the patio. So it is a nice town to live in if you are fond of live music. We are lucky to live a block away from the park that hosts the festivals, so we can sit on the porch and listen to the music when we are not down at the park.

The real last of open air live music is October Fest, in mid October, but the weather can be hit or miss and it is pretty small, but does feature all the umpa bands (polka) in the area. It is held in a tent a few blocks away. Rockbend mostly ends it for me. Our first frost is a couple weeks away, so all that is left to do outside is clean up the garden and yard waste. Then we can begin the long slow winter hibernation.
tlmiller

Re: Last music festival of the summer

Post by tlmiller »

I am so envious that first frost is a few weeks away. We still haven't even went under 100 yet consistently
wove

Post by wove »

This is without a doubt the nicest time of the year to live in Southern Minnesota. Lows now are about 50 with highs about 70 with no bad weather. It is a nice time for outside productivity. This morning was 45 with the high expected of 72, calm and sunny. All in all today is about as close to perfect as you can get.

Temperatures will steadily drop until Thanksgiving, when nasty winter stuff starts. It can come earlier we had the Great Halloween Blizzard of '94 when we got 60 inches snow. But overall the peak time to live here is from Labor Day until Halloween.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I just did 3 days of Saxonburg Pa.'s Octoberfest. All it consisted of was polka bands. And German Dancing. And tons of beer vendors. It was also combined with the Arts and crafts festival. We also did a German worship hour, Sunday morning,and a Sept. 11th memorial at noon. It was boring,for me,since I was the show runner. Not like the Rock circuit. I did run into some of my former employees at where I used to work. They all said they couldn't believe I lasted there,as long as I did. They were in total agreement that my previous employer really did me "wrong" . Almost got rained out yesterday. Turnout was 5-10,000 people for the 3 days. It was a huge success for the town.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

We live 5 minutes from Occoquan an historic mill town on the local river. They regularly have concerts and special events, along with two of the largest arts and crafts events in the area. Its nice to be able to walk out the door and go down there and just be able to eat, walk and relax.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Well, I certainly didn't relax, I worked 40 hours in 3 days. I'm still licking my wounds today. I have repair work in my shop to do, but I didn't get to it yesterday. I was just too beat. Getting off to a slow start today.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

You get to do what you like and how you like to do it, thats a win/win.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

It is, as long as I have money coming in. :roll:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I think youre business may do a lot better than before because prices have really jumped and people are repairing things more now than they use to. Have you thought about using social media to advertise your business? Many have Youtube channels about what they do and some show actual repairs being done.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Yes... I have a website, but I refrain from doing any repair videos on YouTube,since I get alot of people bringing repairs in they attempted, from watching YouTube. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot... :roll: :roll: