Medical issues

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Medical issues

Post by crosscourt »

Just came back from Kaiser as I had a scare last night as my blood pressure went to 205/114 and had heart palpitations and other issues. They put me on meds, Im already cleaning up my diet and have lost weight. The EKG didnt show any other issues so that certainly made me feel better. Waiting for lab results to confirm there arent any kidney issues.
Site Moderator
wove

Re: Medical issues

Post by wove »

Health scares are not enjoyable events. Best of wishes on getting everything back to nice and healthy. I think being retired promotes a more healthy and relaxed life style.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Totally agree as Ive been far more relaxed since I quit my job. Finances sort of sit there in the back of my mind but overall it should be fine.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

First and foremost, I hope you're doing better,and this was just a "hiccup" in with your health. I hate to say, I told you, but the stress you've been enduring has led to this. Suffice it to say, it's good you found out what it was,and made corrective measures. This is why I was so addament about you retiring. I certainly want you to get enjoyment out retiring,and do the things that make you happy. I pray you keep getting better,and stay well for many years to come.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

BP is still up but Im on the medication and waiting to see what happens. A bit apprehensive about the lab tests as Im hoping there wont be any kidney or other issues.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

It's probably from anxiety. Actually,what you described,sounded like a anxiety attack. You've been listening to the sniping for months. At some point,it all comes to a head. In my case,I usually blow my stack, turn into Jason Voorhees, threaten to kill assclowns,then it usually goes away. However,the last few times,after my outrage, I ended up sick for days. At this point in our lives, we can't take it. It's toxic. And it definitely takes a toll. I hope all tests come back good for you.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Tests were good news and bad news. Heart appears to be ok based on EKG,triglycerides are thru the roof and kidney study overall was good but just a few negative indications, and Thyroid function is a bit off. Overall for being 69 pretty good. If I can get the BP down some of this will solve itself. It just goes to show what working long hours and a lot of stress can do to you. Got to solve all of this before they will do the cataract surgery.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Try using tumeric it will get your tri-glycerin levels down without using a statin drug. You definitely need to stay away from those. All kinds of side effects. BP should be do-able fairly quick. Renal numbers fluctuate, so , you may get better readings 6 months from now. You might consider adding 100 mg of vitamin B6 every day to your diet. It will help your kidney function.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My numbers after testing along with symptoms indicate Ill have to take statins. Ill continue the lifestyle changes and in time I may be ale to get off them. My family had a history of PAD and Ive got some signs of that so for now the statins are the way to go. If any secondary symptoms occur I may have to go off them anyway.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Hasnt been a good week. Got a stomach flu and passed out in the bathroom, slamming my head on the wall and butt/back on the tile floor. Not a good start to retriement so far.
Site Moderator